Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Haircut (16 Months old) & a Little Blackmail Bonus

Dan and I love Pookies hair so much that we just let it grow. I planned on letting it grow a bit long, a little surfer or skater style. When we cut Pickles hair the first time it grew back really coarse so I have not wanted to cut Pookies. However, while at the grocery store a woman called our boy a "she". I just could not let that happen, so I relentlessly cut his hair. I did not shave it but kept some of the length so he still has his soft hair. Yet he now looks like a toddler and not a baby. =(

After bath he had a blast running around nakie, as wee ones do. Of course he has a blast playing with his little friend. I realized that I do not let him run around naked nearly enough because it was like he found a long lost friend. I even have video which can be used in the teens years as blackmail. However, considering that I am already posting some of these blackmail pictures, by the time I can use them as blackmail he will not care as he will be used to me showing people. Oh well, reality is I have no plans to blackmail my kids.

Before
After
BeforeAfter

And the fun after the haircut.....


1 comment:

erica said...

great post! don't worry about people calling your boys 'she' though. both my boys go through phases of wanting their hair long and i love it. and dare i mention that max's favorite pacifier was pink...i kept it as a souvenir because i thought it was cute...and he often tells me that real men wear pink (he got that one from one of his friends at school). and people are so strange about calling babies he or she...suki who looks like a pepto bismol upchuck most of the time and has pierced ears has been called a he by several people. anyway, pookie looks adorable in both hairstyles and nakie is definitely the way to go if you ask me.